Mental Health First Aid England Training from Mind Fitness
Mind Fitness’s instructors are licenced by Mental Health First Aid England to provide Mental Health First Aid training to businesses and individuals. We offer public courses that are suited to smaller companies who may wish to send one or two employees. We also work with larger companies that require in house courses for between 8 and 16 people.
The Mind Fitness training programme is the preventative side of the mental health equation. Mental Health First Aid training provides remedial support balance.
Mental Health First Aid England Courses
Delivered by Mind Fitness Training
Two day – Mental Health First Aid England Course
Qualifies attendees as Mental Health First Aiders.
One day – MHFA England Champions Course
This mental health awareness and skills course qualifies employees as MHFA Champions.
Half day – MHFA England – Mental Health Aware Course
An introductory course that raises awareness of mental health.
Half day – MHFA England Refresher Course
Refresher training that enables qualified Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions to maintain their skills.
Supporting good mental health in your organisation
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training courses teach people to spot the signs of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially reach out to someone before a crisis happens.
Quality mental health training, underpinned by a robust wellbeing strategy, gives people the tools to keep themselves healthy and support each other. It can also help to:
- Build employees’ confidence to have open conversations around mental health and break the stigma
- Encourage people to access support early when needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promote a mentally healthy environment, stopping preventable issues and allowing people to thrive and become more productive
- Embed a long term positive culture across the whole organisation, where employees recognise their mental and physical health are supported as equal parts of the whole person
Mental Health First Aid England – two day course
The Mental Health First Aid England two day course qualifies employees as Mental Health First Aiders.
Attendees will gain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
- Understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
What will I learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. What you learn will depend on the length of course you attend
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
How will attending an MHFA course help?
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
WHY choose Mental Health First Aid England training?
MHFA England is the only provider of licensed Mental Health First Aid Instructor Training in England
The MHFA England Instructor Training programme is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health
Grounded in research and rigorously tested, our courses are developed by experts with input from people with lived experience of mental health issues
You’ll be joining a community of over 2.6 million MHFA-trained people in 25 countries around the world
10 years of growth
MHFA England’s 1,800 qualified instructors have trained over 400,000 people in England to date
Mental Health First Aid England Training
To learn more about booking a MHFA England course for your business, please contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss your requirements with you. Alternatively, you can book your place directly on one of our regional public courses listed below
Past Events › Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid - 2 Day Course When? September 16th 2019 - 9.00 to 17.00 September 17th 2019 - 9.00 to 17.00 Where? Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel Roehyde Way Hertfordshire AL10 9AF HATFIELD Course cost £220 - price includes the MHFA England Manual and Workbook. Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. What is Mental Health First Aid? Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches…Find out more »